Refrigerators - Page 5 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How to defrost meat
idealy take it out of the freezer and put it in the refrigerator, then it takes a day or two to defrost, turkeys three days. if you are in a hurry, use a tub of water and the water faucet cracked open
on Oct 10, 2018
LG FX28977ST the freezer only gets down to 32 degrees and the refrigerator only gets down to 43 degrees. It seemed to work fine until two days ago when it quit making ice and the ice cream got soft.
First, I'm not a LG Technician. Call your LG vendor for service.
*** the following is for information only. ***
* Move food items to another refrigerator.
* Do a complete DEFROST of the box. (unplug it.) Expect it to take 4 or more hours. You must wait till all water stops dripping out of the fridge. Keep checking the lower defrost drip tray at bottom of fridge. Dump out water from tray as needed. DO NOT you a hair drier or any other heat source! The heat will warp the plastic. Use a small fan to gently blow into the freezer section.
* DO NOT use an ice pick or sharp object to remove ice! Just let everything melt. (The problem of ice is inside the coils)
* Plug in Fridge but don't put any food in. Set dial temperature to the Mid range setting. Set to freezer venting to normal. Set the refrigerator to mid range. Let it cool down to 0 - 10 degrees and start making ice (in ice maker) If it does not cool down to at least 10 degrees F then call for service. Suspect bad thermostat, Blocked condenser coils, Bad pump, etc. Qualified service tech required to repair.
* Cooling okay? Reload food but don't stuff it in. Leave space between the walls to allow cold air to flow around foods. It will take a day or so to cool down food properly. Note: I may take longer if this fridge is near a heat source like a Hot water heater, Oven, Range, Steam radiator, etc.
* If your still icing up in 2-3 weeks. Then check if the coils are icing up. Defrost is not working. This needs to be checked by a tech. Have him perform annual maintenance.
* Check door seals. Kids leaving the door open? High humidity? * Note how everyone uses the fridge; are they putting hot food in it? Open hot steaming food adds heat and humidity to fridge. Hot food with thaw out other frozen food and build up frost.
* Final, Have a Tech check your fridge. Have them perform maintenance and replace worn items as needed.
on Oct 10, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?