Question about 2011 Yamaha PW80
Starts but cuts out after Hard braking causing my pw80 motorbike to skid not sure whether driver has pressed the gears whilst braking if so what do you think it could be
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Dirt Rider Magazine
Advice My Son first bike PW80 Page 2
YAMAHA PW80 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA PW80 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jan 01, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE THE SAFETY SWITCH FOR THE KICK STAND ,IF THE SWITCH HAS BEEN DAMAGED IT WILL START UP FINE AND WHEN PUT IN TO GEAR AND CLUTCH IS RELEASED IT WILL DIE.(This is a safety feature)
If that don't fix,Please post back
Please rate this fixya solution
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
hi, if the 2007/2008 r1 spins fast but chgs and has to be coakst with the throttle to keep running and cuts out when the throttle is closed then it maybee due to the battery, i have fixed lots of them now afterm much fault finding by fitting a new genuine or yuasa battery. The problem is that all the power is being used to spin the engine and even once started there is not enough voltage to fire the spark and injectors properly and the charging system has not yet been able to pull the battery up. REPLACE THE BATTERY IT WILL SORT IT, PAUL (YAMAHA DEALER)
Posted on Feb 14, 2010
SOURCE: my yamaha pw80 wont tick over
make sure enough petrol is getting to your carb, check the fuel line going from your tank to the carb make sure it is completely free nothing bloacking it t all, nd if that does not work buy some carb cleaner :)
Posted on Aug 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2016 | Motorcycles
Jun 04, 2014 | 2005 Chevrolet Impala
Apr 04, 2014 | 1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
Mar 22, 2014 | 1999 Cadillac DeVille
Sep 30, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha PW80
Mar 27, 2012 | 1996 Chevrolet K1500
May 29, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jun 08, 2009 | Husqvarna Chain Saw 20" Bar
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!