Price is around 2000 British £. no real issues with the bike except it doesn't have very good mid-range
· R6 based, 599cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, slant block inline
four powerplant. Virtually all the internal engine components are R6 spec
including crankshaft, con rods, valve sizes, bore & stroke etc.
· The difference between the R6 and the FZ6 engine
is the camshafts
have revised cam profiles and slightly different intake tracts for more low
to mid range power.
· One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase assembly provides superior
· Compact slant-block engine uses stacked gearbox shafts to create
a shorter engine for optimum in placement in the frame for a balanced weight
· "Liner-less" cylinder has special ceramic composite plating
applied directly to the aluminum cylinder for greater heat dissipation, reduced
frictional losses and reduced oil consumption.
· 6-speed transmission has been optimized to accommodate the engine
character of the FZ6. The secondary reduction ratio is 46/16 (Vs. a reduction
ratio of 48/16 for the R6).
· "Group-Type" 36mm throttle body fuel injection provides
outstanding throttle response and excellent fuel economy. This system uses
fewer sensors (5) than the R6 (7) while also being lighter and more compact.
· Group fuel injection divides the four cylinders into two groups (1
& 4 and 2 & 3) with two injections of fuel for every 720 degrees of
crank rotation (the R6 system utilizes a sequential injection for each cylinder).
· Compact "high dynamic range" injectors use 4 jet / 2-direction
spray type injectors. A high powered 32 bit CPU controls the injection process.
· Progressive type throttle pulley and direct coupler type TPS (throttle
position sensor) provides easy throttle control without the annoyance of FI
· 6.3 litre airbox is "optimized" to take full advantage
of the R1 inspired downdraft intake system.
· Air Induction System (AIS) reduces hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide
(HC & CO) emissions.
· 4 into 2 into 1 into 2 stainless steel exhaust system features a
stylish under seat muffler that is a one piece design unit with dual outlets.
A special resin cover protects the muffler and keeps hot components away from
the rider and passenger.
· A special connecting pipe joins the header pipes between cylinders
#2 and #3 pipes to provide outstanding low to mid range torque.
· The exhaust system uses a catalytic converter to reduce harmful emissions
such as CO, HC, CO2 and NOx into less harmful by products. The result is very
clean running engine that easily surpasses the new EU2 European emission standards.
· High capacity radiator with ring-type cooling fan insures maximum
· Liquid cooled oil cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for
extended engine and lubricant life.
· R6 based clutch assembly is utilized but the clutch boss, spring
rate and friction plates are specially designed for the FZ6.
· Maintenance-free transistor controlled digital ignition ensures fast
starts and optimum engine performance.
· High tech, C.F. (controlled filling) die cast twin spar main frame
is used. There are no welding points on this frame, since it bolts together.
A rigid type engine mounting system is used.
· Detachable steel rear sub frame provides easy access to the rear
shock and reduces costs in the event of a loop-out.
· Extra long extruded box section aluminum swingarm has been specially
designed to match the rear suspension, providing maximum rear wheel traction.
· "Link-less" rear suspension means the rear shock mounts
directly to the frame and swingarm without the use of linkages. The rear suspension
system has been designed to provide a rising rate feeling without the additional
weight of linkage arms and pivot points. The shock features 7 steps of spring
· 43mm cartridge style forks provide great handling and excellent ride
comfort. Plastic protectors help prevent tube damage due to stone chips.
· Dual 298mm front floating disc brakes are squeezed by 2-piston, slide
pin-type calipers. A "Trifurcate type" front brake hose reduces
weight (Trifurcate type brake hose means there is one brake hose from the
master cylinder and it splits at the front fender area and crosses over to
the second caliper).
· 245mm rear disc brake with Nissin single piston caliper.
· European inspired ½ cowl offers good wind and weather protection.
This unique cowl features a special metallic look plastic material that is
not painted, the colour is right in the plastic. An inner panel around the
instrument area provides a clean, quality image for the cockpit.
· Stylish 19.4 liter (4.3 Imp. gal.) fuel tank (3.6 liters is the reserve
portion) features an in-tank electronic fuel pump.
· Lightweight R6 style, 5-spoke mag wheels
fitted with Z rated radial
tires reduce unsprung weight for incredible handling performance.
· One-piece seat design offers excellent comfort. Its dimpled design
provides additional grip.
· Integrated one piece speedo and tachometer assembly. Both speedo
and tach are LCD design. Other functions include odometer, dual tripmeters,
fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel meter and water temperature as well as a selection
of warning lights.
· R1 inspired dual "cat eye" halogen headlights (Note: Only
one headlight - RHS- lights on low beam. Both lights light on high beam)
· Convenient passenger grab rails.
· Inner rear fender reduces splash and provides that sporty appearance.
· 5-position adjustable front brake lever.
· Rider footrest brackets are rubber mounted to reduce vibration.
· Convenient center stand.
· Heavy duty "O" ring chain
· Low maintenance sealed 12 amp hour battery.
LCD two-color instrument display with integrated bar-type tachometer on the
left, and numerical speedometer in the center- also two tripmeters, clock,
fuel, intake air temperature and water temperature gauges and usual indicator
120/70-ZR17 and 180/55-ZR17 radial tires complement the FZ6's modern
look, and its increased torque and great handling fully exploit the superb
grip they provide.
Large windscreen provides good protection and minimal noise; anti-reversion
panels on each side of the lower fairing reduce turbulence.
Dual 12V 60/55-watt multireflector headlight gives a sleek, R1-type profile
for superb aerodynamics and visibility.
Completely unique, CAD-drawn fuel tank meets the needs of style, handlebar
clearance and tactile feel in one beautiful package crafted from high-stretch
Sporty taillight design reduces both weight and size while providing excellent
Centerstand for easier maintenance.
Standard toolkit and U-lock storage under the seat.